- Upcoming performances include:
- recital with violinist Fenella Humphreys at the Carwithen Festival, Haddenham, Buckinghamshire, Saturday 2nd July, 6pm.
- Fenella and Nathan will discuss Doreen Carwithen’s music and perform extracts from her Violin Sonata on Radio 3’s ‘In Tune’, Thursday 30th June
- solo recital at Buckingham Summer Festival, Friday 8th July, 11am
- recitals with baritone Neal Davies and violinist Rupert Marshall-Luck at the English Music Festival, Truro Cathedral, Saturday 9th July, (11am and 3pm)
- Thomas Pitfield’s First Piano Concerto with the Prometheus Orchestra, Aldeburgh, Sunday 9th October
- Volume III of 100 Years of British Song, ‘the intriguing three-part exploration of British classical songs’ (Sunday Times) for SOMM Recordings with tenor James Gilchrist, was released early 2022. To listen, purchase, and learn more please click here.
- Nathan’s recent recording of piano works by Malcolm Lipkin is scheduled for release in early 2023, alongside a short documentary by the film-maker Jesse Lawrence.
- Throughout 2022 Nathan will be recording the epic 24 Preludes and Fugues by Christopher Brown for Lyrita Recorded Edition.
Nathan gives solo recitals of repertoire from the Germanic Classical and Romantic tradition, as well as 20th century and contemporary music, with a particular focus on British and American composers. Nathan has performed at many of the world’s leading venues and festivals, and collaborated with artists including Claire Bloom, Guy Johnston, Nicola Benedetti, James Gilchrist, the Allegri and Sacconi Quartets, as well as working alongside numerous living composers in performances of their work. Since 2016 Nathan has been a member of the renowned new music ensemble Piano Circus, artists-in-residence at Brunel University London, who have commissioned over 100 new works in their 30-year history. His recordings for SOMM Recordings, both solo and collaborative, have been widely acclaimed.